woensdag 17 oktober 2012

Goddesses - Hunt

Some time has passed but a couple of weeks ago I was able to pick up my Goddesses project once more, this time covering the theme of Hunt with Vicious-Dark-Art as a model. This time I wanted to try and root it more into the celtic look than the greek look I did before so this image turned out somewhat darker though it definately has some similar elements between the both images.

Before shooting began some things had to be arranged, I wanted the huntress to have a bow, luckily I have some friends who have them so I borrowed one and decided the completely black look of it wasnt quite up to my tastes so I got creative with some pieces of leather and string to adapt the look.

As a basis for the rest of the styling we started of with a dark brown leather skirt owned by Vicious-Dark-Art and added soms small braids in her wonderfully long hair, draped a fox skin around her shoulders and tied a rabbit skin around her lower arm and we were ready to shoot.

My original idea for this shot was something quite different, more a prey-stalking pose through the forest, looking for a deer or something, arrow at the ready.. but during the shoot when I was checking some results on camera and when I looked up there was this pose which I liked while she was just waiting for me... and I shot a few of that pose and in the end I decided I liked this a lot better.

Then it was time for editing and digging through archives of pictures starting with forests and greenery. I also had a picture of a wolf from a trip to Ouwehands Dierenpark (a zoo, 5 minutes from where I live) which made a suitable companion. The stones are taken from pictures taken at events from Vortex Adventures. A LARP organisation which is host to some awesome looking props and monster costumes. Check out www.the-vortex.nl for more information (in Dutch).

After composing the image with the wolf and stones it was time for some effects, mostly shadows and some lighting effects. Also revisiting a fake bokeh effect I had also used for the first one. And the blue glowing things around the stones were most definately inspired by Pixar's Brave.

Enough talk, time for the end result. Enjoy.


1 opmerking:

  1. Klinkt allemaal heel tof! :) Mocht je nog eens een model nodig hebben, dan weet je me te vinden... ;)
    Suc6 met alles, groetjes van Martine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen