donderdag 1 maart 2012

Goddesses - The first.

Near the end of the last year I posted a casting call for models on this blog, a casting call specific for plus size models for a project called Goddesses. My aim with this project is to show how plus size women can be beautiful, despite the fashion image going for ultrathin. The response was overwhelming, within days I had over 30 names of models in a list. Both experienced and somewhat inexperienced, but bringing lots of enthousiasm to the table.

All this started somewhere, as most things tend to do. And this project started with me and a model I have worked with before; Masked-Illusion. And she wanted to work with me again, mostly because we just have great fun when together, wether we're shooting or not. But doing a shoot is always a nice excuse, so I had to think of something to shoot. So browsing through some inspiration folders I found a number of images, slightly leaning towards ancient greek times and I thought it'd be fun to do something with that.

Later on, when I had a first moodboard I thought it might be fun to expand this into a project as the theme of goddesses is something one can vary wildly with and the last big idea of doing a Twisted Carnival calendar series never really took off (I might pick that up sometime in the future once more though) and thus the project was born.

But this is the one it all started with and we did the shoot sometime at the end of 2011 as Masked-Illusion is currently reciding in Finland for her studies and this was conjurred up long before the others. Shooting went fairly smooth and fast as tends to happen when you have a fairly fixed idea in your mind of what it is you want to shoot.


Editing however took longer, way longer, mostly because I simply didnt get around to it much having other photography things in the way or work consuming far too much time. And also, I did the editing with constantly making printscreens to create a little timelapse video of the editing process.



And now it is all done. Time to start working on the other ones, get teams together etc, although I will probably finish my concept from the Masterclass with Hanneke Meier first... so much to do, so little time ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten